Our team is committed to helping you attain optimal dental health, which in turn improves your overall health. We can’t do that without general dentistry in Chattanooga, TN. Since your routine exams, cleanings, and other preventive care will likely bring you to our office more than any other reason, we make the most of these visits!Doctor Erin Eudaly on general dentistry Read Transcript
General dentistry is just that, it's generally everything in dentistry. It encompasses teaching patients how to take care of their teeth, it encompasses cleaning teeth, getting teeth polished up and looking great. It encompasses doing fillings, it does crowns, and it does even higher-end stuff that's more like full-mouth reconstruction, where you come with one look and you leave with another.
It's veneers, it's dentures, it's partials. It's you chipped a tooth, polishing it off where it's not rough anymore. It really just includes everything. Bleaching, whatever you want. if you've heard of it in dentistry, we can do it with general dentistry.
It's really important for our patients to feel comfortable in our office, and because of that, we wanna try to do everything that we can do here, because we know they know us, they feel comfortable here, and they want to get everything done here if they can.
So having a general dentist's office means that we're not sending you out for various things; we're gonna try to take care of everything we can here. Now, occasionally that will include referring a patient if we think a case is more difficult, or we think they would get better care somewhere else with a different procedure. But for the most part, when patients come here, they stay here, and we're able to take care of their needs.
Our general dental care will:
- Enable us to find and treat small problems before they become larger ones
- Give you a smile that looks and feels great
- Help prevent cavities and gum disease with preventive care and nutritional counseling
- Check for signs of oral cancer
- Allow us to address all your dental questions
- Help us create a personalized treatment plan to address your dental issues
To see one of our dentists for an exam or other general dental care, call 423-454-2181. Our office is located at 4618 Highway 58 in Chattanooga. It’s especially convenient if you live or work in zip codes 37416, 37415, 37421, 37343, 37341, and 37363.
Treat Small Problems Before They Become Bigger Ones
It’s best to treat any dental problem in its earliest stages. Without early treatment, a small problem like a cavity can become a much bigger one. Instead of a simple filling, you might need a dental crown or even a root canal. We use a laser cavity detector to find decay in its earliest stages, before it can be seen by the naked eye. We also offer preventive treatments like fluoride and dental sealants to keep cavities from occurring.
Cavities aren’t the only problem we want to treat as proactively as possible. We also offer:
- Gum Disease Treatment – Since gum disease causes tooth loss in its later stages, it’s best to treat it as soon as possible. We check for signs of gum disease during every exam. If we find any, we use a deep cleaning treatment – and sometimes an antibiotic – to eradicate it.
- Dry Mouth Treatment – Saliva is a natural cavity fighter. So a shortage of saliva is not only uncomfortable, it leaves you vulnerable to decay. We’ll determine the underlying causes of your dry mouth and suggest oral hygiene products and lifestyle changes you can make. Our treatment helps eliminate unpleasant symptoms like bad breath (halitosis), which can also be a sign of gum disease or tooth decay.
Protect Your Teeth With Custom Mouthguards
While sports are a great way to keep the rest of your body in shape, they can be pretty hard on teeth. A stray elbow or bad throw can cause serious dental damage, including knocked-out teeth. Our dentists can craft a custom mouthguard for you right in our office, using a Drufomat machine. Made with impressions of your teeth, it will fit better than a store-bought mouthguard.
We can also make you:
- Nightguards – Worn while you sleep, nightguards prevent teeth grinding (bruxism), a habit that can result in damaged teeth.
- Bleaching Trays – These customized trays will help you get great results from home teeth whitening treatments.