While the health of your smile is important, the appearance is too. An attractive smile helps give you a healthy self-image, which is just as important as your oral health. Don’t let your self-image suffer! If you want to correct smile flaws, you can do it with our cosmetic dentistry in Chattanooga, TN.Doctor Robert Gallien on an overview of cosmetic dentistry Read Transcript
With cosmetic dentistry, a few of the things that we have that can change people's smiles are things like dental whitening, because teeth get stained over time by anything that would stain a white T-shirt, so things like tomato sauce, tea, coffee are the normal ones. But basically anything that would stain a white T-shirt will start to sink into your teeth. What whitening does is it draws those things out and gets them back to their natural brilliance.
Another procedure we do that is really wonderful are veneers. Dental veneers are a thin porcelain material that can go over a tooth if it's missized or if it's misshapen. It looks extremely natural and can give someone the way to give a much more perfect smile. Sometimes it's just the small things that can make a huge difference.
Also, what we always try to do, even with people who don't have teeth, is we do cosmetic dentures. It's much more of an art, where we get to shape exactly where we're going to put the teeth so when they smile, how much teeth they're going to show, what are the shape of their teeth, what are the shade of their teeth, how white do they want them? Do they want to look like Paula Deen, or do they want them to look natural? We really give them the full choice, and they get to preview what it's going to look like before we ever even give it to them, which lets them know that they're going to be happy with what they've got.
Another thing with cosmetic dentistry that we can do, sometimes people come in and they're ready for a change, but they don't know if they want to make the commitment, because they don't know what it's going to look like. One of the things that I love is that we're able to take a photo and we're able to take their picture and change their teeth on a photo so that they can see exactly what it would like if they were to change their smile.
- Brighten a dingy smile with teeth whitening
- Cover flaws with dental veneers, dental crowns, tooth bonding, or inlays and onlays
- Straighten teeth with Invisalign
- Change the shape of teeth with teeth contouring or crown lengthening
- Improve your gumline with gum reshaping
- Restore the look of receding gums with gum recession treatment
- Replace missing teeth with dental bridges or dental implants
Ask about our facial rejuvenation treatments! We can smooth fine lines and wrinkles or add needed facial volume so the skin surrounding your smile looks great too. To see which cosmetic dental treatments are right for you, call Smiles of Chattanooga at 423-454-2181.
Fix Flaws Easily With Lots of Cosmetic Dental Choices
If you have smile flaws like chips, cracks, or deep stains, you can hide them with one of these cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Tooth Bonding – We’ll apply layers of tooth-colored composite to your teeth, then “cure” it with a special light.
- Dental Veneers – When applied to the front surfaces of teeth, these thin but strong “shells” cover many kinds of imperfections. Choose porcelain or e.max ceramic veneers.
- Dental Crowns – A durable crown covers your entire tooth. With our CEREC technology, you can get a porcelain crown in a single appointment.
- Inlays or Onlays – These porcelain dental restorations cover the top surface and/or sides of your teeth.
Dr. Robert Gallien has received advanced training in cosmetic dentistry from the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, so he can help you choose which treatments are right for your smile.
From Missing Teeth to Receding Gums, Change What You Don’t Like
There is no smile problem too large to address with our dental procedures, including missing teeth. Yet small improvements can also make a big difference in how your smile looks and feels. You can get:
- Invisalign – Straighten your smile with clear aligners, not metal wire and brackets.
- Teeth Whitening – Get a whiter, brighter smile here or from the comfort of home.
- Dental Implants – Replace anywhere from one tooth to all of them.
- Porcelain Dental Bridge – A fixed bridge can replace a single tooth or several teeth.
- Teeth Contouring – Your teeth will have a uniform size and shape following this treatment. We can also perform crown lengthening to lengthen the look of too-short teeth.
- Gum Reshaping – A laser quickly and painlessly reshapes your gumline.
- Gum Recession Treatment – We also use a laser to repair receding gums and encourage new tissue growth.