Oral surgery in Chattanooga just became easier to cope with. When you have doctors like Dr. Gallien and Dr. Eudaly working on your smile, it’s a lot easier to trust the outcome. Not only is the quality of care very high at Smiles of Chattanooga, but we use state-of-the-art procedures and techniques to ensure an exceptional result. Patients love our office because:Doctor Robert Gallien on oral surgery Read Transcript
The reason we choose oral surgery is because usually the patient is in pain, or they've got a disease process, or abscess that's around a tooth and/or teeth. The best thing about it is if we can get that tooth out of the body, the infection will naturally heal and the person will be so much healthier. People don't realize that when you have an abscess within your body, even if it doesn't hurt, your body is spending time trying to heal that abscess, and it's neglecting other parts of your body. So lots of times if you can get that infection to go away, the people say, "I feel better in general. I just feel more energetic."
So, we know that by healing the mouth, we're healing the rest of the body.
- We have a patient-focused approach that keeps our priorities in line with yours.
- Comfort is always at the top of our minds, which is why we offer sedation, a comfort menu, and technology like 3D imaging.
- Our staff loves to complete oral surgeries and has mastered a great variety so you can receive all your care under one roof.
Don’t go anywhere else for expertise and high-quality work. Call 423-454-2181 to learn more about our oral surgery options. Have you been told you need surgery by another doctor? Let us give you a second opinion! Let’s work on your smile together.
Teeth Removal Made Easy
The most common form of oral surgery is tooth removal. There may come a time in your smile’s life when a tooth absolutely must come out. When that happens, visit Smiles of Chattanooga and let us help. We will first make sure that you are absolutely comfortable. From there, we will remove the damaged tooth and take measures to prepare your jaw for a restoration, like a dental implant.
You can also visit our office for wisdom teeth removal. We often remove all four wisdom teeth at the same time in younger patients to avoid future problems. These teeth will not need to be restored, but we will help you care for the extraction site so that you heal quickly and flawlessly.
Adjust Your Jawbone to Promote Health & Restoration
It is very important that you maintain healthy bone in your mouth. Your bone structure supports all of your teeth! If there is an issue, we need to address it quickly. Most often, we need to add support and strength to jawbones that have been affected by lost teeth. This is especially true if the patient wants to have dental implants now or at a later date.
- Bone Grafting – When jawbone is not thick enough, we may consider a bone graft. We can add new tissue around your jawbone to create a stable foundation for whatever restoration you choose.
- Ridge Augmentation – Often performed after an extraction, a ridge augmentation means that we are going to make your bone more uniform and capable of evenly supporting a restoration.
- Sinus Lifts – For some people, a dental implant cannot be placed in the top arch of your mouth without first creating space for it. This means packing bone tissue around your upper jawbone so we can secure the dental implant without damaging your sinuses.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) – PRP is a cutting-edge technology that promotes healing by using blood platelets from your own body. We simply take a blood sample and separate the blood into plasma and other cells in a centrifuge. The resulting platelet-rich substance, which contains many natural growth factors, is placed on the surgery site. The plasma will encourage tissue regeneration in a natural way and speed up healing so you can get back to normal as soon as possible! We are the only dental office in town that offers this revolutionary treatment.
The solutions you have been seeking are right here at Smiles of Chattanooga. Let our expert dentists create your healthy smile with oral surgery in Chattanooga. Call 423-454-2181 right now or request an appointment time online.