If you’re not sleeping well, everyone around you probably notices some of the effects – like irritability and lack of focus. Other effects, like frequent headaches, are harder to see but likely make you miserable. If sleep apnea in Chattanooga is what is robbing you of rest, let our dentists fit you for a custom mouthguard that will help you sleep better and improve your overall health.Doctor Robert Gallien on Snore Guards Read Transcript
I love making devices that stop people from snoring, because it's one of the more rewarding things that I get to do. A lot of times, the guys will come back in after they've been wearing it, and they said, "Doc, I got to move back in the bedroom." And you know, that's fantastic. So I can only imagine how it feels to be sleeping apart.
But also the ladies, some of them purr, and that's okay. So they don't want to do that either, so both men and women can benefit from the device. And it works phenomenal on everyone by opening the airway and allowing them to breathe. And so not only are they not snoring but they're also getting better air, better oxygen, more oxygen, usually a better night's sleep. And they're going to feel better, and possibly live longer.
Our sleep apnea treatment will:
- Stop your snoring so you and your loved ones sleep more soundly
- Enable you to breathe easily as you slumber
- Eliminate unpleasant symptoms like headaches and dry mouth
- Help you feel more rested and alert during the day
- Lessen your risk of health conditions linked to apnea, such as high blood pressure and strokes
If you or someone in your household notices that you’re struggling to breathe in your sleep, call us today at 423-454-2181. A custom sleep apnea mouthguard can help!
Breathe Easy With a Sleep Apnea Mouthguard
With the most common type of sleep apnea, your tongue or other soft tissue blocks your airway while you sleep. This causes you to wake frequently as your body clears the airway. This can happen as often as hundreds of times a night. Many sleep apnea sufferers find relief with a custom-made mouthguard that gently moves the jaw into a position that keeps the airway open all night. We take impressions of your teeth and other precise measurements so your mouthguard fits perfectly and performs better than one purchased from a store.
CPAP or Sleep Apnea Mouthguard: Which Is Right For You?
Another common sleep apnea treatment is a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine. It keeps your airway clear with a constant stream of air. Your physician can help you determine which type of treatment is right for you. However, many people find sleep apnea mouthguards:
- More Comfortable – Some people find it tough to adjust to sleeping with a mask covering part of their face. A mouthguard also won’t dry out your mouth the way a CPAP can.
- More Convenient – You won’t need electricity or batteries to operate a mouthguard, so you can use it literally anywhere.
- Less Disruptive to Bedmates – With a mouthguard, your bedmate won’t be bothered by tubing or noise from a motor.
If you think you might have sleep apnea in Chattanooga, call Smiles of Chattanooga at 423-454-2181 today.