You won’t find many dental practices that go to the lengths we do to make you comfortable during your appointments. We provide lots of amenities, including complimentary snacks, noise-canceling headphones, and chiropractic neck pillows. Despite all this, we know you may sometimes still feel anxious. If you do, sedation options in Chattanooga, TN will relax you and allow you to get the care you need.Doctor Robert Gallien on sedation options Read Transcript
There is a large part of the population who their number one fear is going to the dentist. It's even above dying. They would almost rather die than go to the dentist.
To be able to offer this, it takes all their fear and anxiety and it lowers it to nonexistent. So they can get in, they can get their treatment done and have ... they can basically relax and sleep through the whole procedure. And so they'll be more likely to continue getting care if they know they can get it. And they also get to develop trust.
With my experience, I've been doing it since 2003, and what I notice is as the patients come in, they start to develop trust. And so they need less and less need for the sedation material. But if someone has high fear and high anxiety, we'd love to be able to offer a way for them to get what they need done in a total comfortable, anxiety-free manner.
At our office you’ll find:
- A choice of two kinds of dental sedation
- A dentist who has completed training at the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Specially blended topical numbing gel to take the sting out of anesthesia
- Care rooms where you receive your treatment in total privacy
To find out more about our relaxing office, including sedation dentistry, call 423-454-2181. Sedation doesn’t just ease anxiety. It can also help you remain relaxed during lengthy procedures or make it easier to receive treatment if you have a sensitive gag reflex.
Select Sedation That Offers the Right Level of Relaxation
Every patient experiences anxiety differently. You may also feel more anxious about some procedures than others. To ensure you can get the right level of relaxation, we offer two kinds of sedation. Neither of them involve needles. Our dentists will help you determine which one is best for your situation.
Your options are:
- Inhaled Sedation – Also known as laughing gas, this sedation can be administered to almost everyone, even young children. You receive it through a small mask worn over your nose. It takes effect quickly and wears off fast as well. You’ll be able to drive yourself home after your procedure.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – We’ll give you a safe prescription pill to take before your treatment. While you’ll remain awake and able to respond to us during your procedure, you’ll likely remember very little about it afterward. Since you’ll stay groggy for several hours, you’ll need to arrange a ride home.
For more information on sedation options in Chattanooga, TN, call 423-454-2181.