Dental emergencies in Chattanooga, TN can be pretty upsetting – but they don’t have to be. When you call Smiles of Chattanooga, we’ll do our best to provide same-day care for your emergency to get you feeling better ASAP.Doctor Erin Eudaly on dental emergencies Read Transcript
Things happen. You bite down on an almond or you are out with friends and something feels like it chipped or something starts hurting. You wake up at night and you have a toothache. We want to be there for our patients, so we have someone that's here answering the phone even when our office isn't open. We have a line that reaches us so that we can take care of our patients. We try to schedule for patients that might have issues. So if a patient calls in, we have a spot where we've already talked about in our morning meeting – "Okay, if something happens, here's a great place to put this patient" – so that we can make sure to take the very best care of them.
When you’re at our office, we do all we can to keep your care quick and comfortable, including:
- Offering same-day crowns and other dental restorations with our CEREC technology
- Using platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy to promote faster healing after oral surgery
- Giving you a choice of two kinds of dental sedation
- Using a specially formulated topical numbing gel so you won’t feel a thing when receiving local anesthesia
- Letting you select amenities from a comfort menu so we know exactly how to make you comfortable
- Offering several payment options to take the stress out of paying for your care
If you’ve experienced a dental emergency, call us right away at 423-454-2181.
Restorative Dentists Can Handle Your Emergency Care
Thanks to their extensive training, our two dentists can provide emergency dental care, including restorative dentistry and oral surgery. Here is how they handle some of the most common emergencies, like toothaches:
- Toothache Caused by Cavity – If a cavity is causing your pain, we’ll remove all the decay and repair the cavity with the appropriate dental restoration: a filling, an inlay, an onlay, or a dental crown.
- Toothache Caused by Infection – We’ll perform a root canal procedure to remove infected material from your tooth and protect it from further damage. If the tooth is too damaged to be saved, we’ll gently extract it.
- Broken Tooth – We usually repair cracked or broken teeth with dental crowns. Thanks to our CEREC technology, we can make a crown for you in a single appointment.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – If you get to us right away, we might be able to save your tooth. Keep your tooth moist using saliva or milk, not water, until you get to our office. If we can’t save it, we’ll clean the site and possibly perform PRP therapy to encourage healing.
Don’t hesitate to call us for dental emergencies in Chattanooga, TN at 423-454-2181.