The smile that results from metal braces is beautiful – but chances are you’ll feel anything but beautiful during your orthodontic treatment. You may hide your smile much of the time, since you’d rather not reveal a mouth full of metal. You won’t hesitate to smile, though, with Invisalign in Chattanooga, TN. Instead of metal wires and brackets, it straightens teeth with a series of clear plastic aligners.Doctor Robert Gallien on Invisalign Read Transcript
What I like about Invisalign is that it's discreet and it's fast, and it really suits teenagers and adults alike. Where it differs from getting traditional metal braces is that you can take it out, you can brush, you can floss, you can still get your cleanings, and it's easy, and if you need to take them out for a function, you can. I think it's just wonderfully efficient, and the best about Invisalign, period, is that you get to give someone a smile that they love, and that's fantastic.
With Invisalign, we can treat teenagers all the way to as old as the adult can get that still wants straight teeth. I've been lucky enough to be able to treat a huge patient base between 50 and 85, and it's been wonderful, and what I know is that the people who are in their 80s are just as committed to getting their teeth either functionally correct, or looking as good as they possibly can, and it is overwhelming, the response of how many people who you would think said, "Oh, I had my teeth straight, and now they're not straight anymore," how many people who you might think wouldn't even want it actually really desire to have it. And the best part is, is that not only does it correct and make things beautiful, but lots of times, we correct functional issues that the patient doesn't even know that they were leading up to. So, we're fixing problems before they even get there.
Compared to braces, Invisalign aligners are:
- Discreet – Made of BPA-free plastic, the clear aligners fit snugly over your teeth. They’re nearly invisible in photos. In business and social settings, it’s likely no one will even notice you’re wearing them.
- Comfortable – With no metal to rub against gums or other soft tissue, most people find clear aligners more comfortable than braces.
- Low Maintenance – Keeping your teeth clean is a breeze because you can take your aligners out for meals and also for oral hygiene. You’ll be able to eat foods like popcorn with no worries about it getting caught in braces.
- Fast – While Invisalign treatment times will vary, the average for adults is 12 months. That’s several months less than most people spend in metal braces.
Want to see if you’re a candidate for Invisalign aligners? Call 423-454-2181.
Your Invisalign Treatment Plan Is Customized Just For You
Your Invisalign treatment plan is as unique as your smile. Dr. Gallien has been working with Invisalign aligners since 2005. He will take digital 3D impressions of your teeth and use them to design a custom treatment plan. The information is sent to an Invisalign lab where your aligners are manufactured. When your aligners arrive, he’ll check the fit of the first set and review your plan with you, answering any questions you might have.
You’ll wear each Invisalign aligner about two weeks before switching to the next one in your plan. Over time the aligners gently move your teeth into the desired positions. They move them vertically and horizontally and even rotate them if necessary. You’ll check in with us every four to six weeks so we can ensure your treatment is progressing as planned. Unlike braces, you won’t need uncomfortable adjustments.
Complement Your Smile With Other Cosmetic Dentistry
Once your treatment is complete, you may want to perfect your smile with some of our other cosmetic dentistry procedures. Your options include:
- Dental Veneers – You can change the shape, size, and color of teeth with veneers.
- Teeth Whitening – You can get a treatment in our office or professional products to use at home.
- Teeth Contouring – Get teeth of uniform size and shape with this fast and simple treatment.
- Gum Reshaping – Correct an overly “gummy” smile or an uneven gumline.
- Tooth Bonding – Hide minor flaws like chips or stubborn stains with this affordable treatment.
- Facial Rejuvenation – Smooth fine lines and wrinkles with these treatments or add volume to your face.
To see if Invisalign in Chattanooga is right for your smile, call 423-454-2181.