At Smiles of Chattanooga, we use the latest technologies and treatment techniques to ensure you get the best modern dentistry has to offer. For tooth fillings in Chattanooga, that means using tooth-colored composite instead of metal.Doctor Erin Eudaly on tooth fillings Read Transcript
We hear “fillings,” that's something I feel like most patients when they come in they've heard the word before, but maybe not are familiar with what that means.
When a tooth has a cavity, so that means bacteria has gotten into the tooth and started dissolving the tooth structure, we're able to go in there and remove all of that, get that tooth where it's nice and strong and clean and replace what we've taken out that was decayed and filled with bacteria with something that is going to be tooth colored, that's going to look really natural and put you back where you were before as far as where you can chew on it, smile, feel really great when you leave.
Our dental fillings will:
- Blend in seamlessly with your smile
- Require less modification of healthy tooth structure than metal fillings
- Eliminate any questions about the safety of mercury in amalgam fillings
- Be less likely to cause cracks in teeth due to temperature fluctuations over time
If you think you may have a cavity that needs to be repaired, call 423-454-2181.
If You Want to Avoid Mercury, We Can Help
While the FDA has approved the use of mercury in fillings for adults, some research questions the long-term safety of mercury in dental fillings. We think it’s best not to take any chances, so we use tooth-colored composite instead of metal fillings. Composite offers other advantages too, including a more natural-looking smile. Our dentists can also safely remove old amalgam fillings for you. They’ve been trained in safe removal techniques, and we have all of the required equipment.
Your Cavity May Require a Different Dental Restoration
We use DIAGNOdent laser cavity detectors during dental exams to find cavities when they are small and easy to repair with a dental filling. If your cavity is too large for a filling, we may use one of these other dental restorations instead:
- Dental Crown – A crown covers your entire tooth, so it can be used to mend even very large cavities.
- Inlay – An inlay can be used for cavities that are too large for a filling yet not large enough for a crown. It covers the top surface of your tooth.
- Onlay – An onlay is similar to an inlay but extends to also cover the side of your tooth.
Mend cavities with tooth fillings in Chattanooga, TN. Call 423-454-2181 for an appointment. Our office is at 4618 Highway 58, near Lake Hills Park.