While we can fix many problems with our restorative dental care, it’s easier and less expensive to prevent problems from ever occurring. We recommend you see us regularly for preventive dental care, including dental exams in Chattanooga, to stop problems like decay and gum disease before they start.Doctor Erin Eudaly on dental exams
During our exams, we will:
- Assess the overall health of your teeth and gums
- Provide preventive care to avert problems like cavities and gum disease
- Use technology like digital X-rays and DIAGNOdent cavity detectors to identify problems in their earliest stages, when they are easiest to treat
- Examine your dental restorations to ensure they’re in good shape
- Make suggestions for improving your oral hygiene
During your first exam, one of our dentists will examine you and create a treatment plan for any dental issues, if needed. If there is time, you’ll receive a dental cleaning during the same appointment. To schedule your next dental checkup, whether it’s your first at our office or your 51st, call 423-454-2181.
Technology Gives Us a Good Look at Your Teeth
Some dentists save their advanced technology for complex procedures, but at Smiles of Chattanooga, we use it throughout our practice, including during your exams. We may use:
- Digital X-rays – Our dentists can easily enlarge digital images to get a better look at potential problems. We won’t have to put bulky film into your mouth. Since they use far less radiation than traditional X-rays, they are also better for your long-term health.
- DIAGNOdent Cavity Detector – With this laser technology, we can find cavities when they are small and easy to repair.
- Intraoral Cameras – We can easily see into every part of your mouth with less poking and prodding. Even better, we can show the images from these handheld cameras to you. This helps us explain your treatment options.
Since you’ll likely visit our office more often for regular exams than anything else, we want you to be comfortable. We’ll invite you to enjoy complimentary drinks and snacks from the refreshment bar in our waiting room. While you’re in our chair, you can take advantage of comforts like pillows and iPads.
To schedule dental exams in Chattanooga, call 423-454-2181.